Help Me Forward Incoming Calls Straight to Voicemail - An App?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by momo3, May 14, 2010.

1. momo3 macrumors newbie

I have certain people (incoming callers) I do not like to chat with on the phone.

I'd rather email or text them.

I realize i can press the top button two times to automatically send them to my voicemail, but -- I feel they will know I am screening the call.

I am DESPERATELY looking for an app that will send certain callers directly to my voicemail, appearing (to them( that my phone is off.

Can anyone give me a hand?

I realize there are apps like SlyDial for my calling THEM -- but what I want is the opposite -- an app for INCOMING callers to go straight to my VM.

2. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

jailbreak, else no. Apple doesn't allow such process.

3. momo3 thread starter macrumors newbie

Is it hard to do after I jailbreak?

Is jailbreaking hard? Any risk?

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

5. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

There is risk in everything, it's up to you to justify if the benefit outweighs it.

Google "iphone dev team" for more information.

6. codymac macrumors 6502

I did something similar without jailbreaking.

Create a silent ringtone and assign it to the contact. When they call, the phone "rings" with the silent ringtone and you never know it unless you're looking at the phone or using it for another purpose.

Yeah, it's not as perfect as an app that would dump them to voicemail without interrupting anything else. And yeah, it's a bit of a pain to create a silent ringtone (I found I had to actually create a ~30s clip when I did it to get the phone to accept it).

I have an "ignore" contact that is assigned the silent ringtone. When I get a call from a number I want to disregard, I add the number to the ignore contact.

7. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I believe google voice will allow this. Just get an invitation from someone here or on the intarweb.

8. momo3 thread starter macrumors newbie

1.) Where is the best resource for jailbreaking this bad-boy?

2.) Anyone have a google voice invite? Also -- does it integrate with my current phone nbr?

9. RScarpaccio macrumors newbie

Incoming call directed automatically to Voice Mail

I'm not sure about other services, but if you have a Google account, you can save the phone number, give it a name and save it.

Bring up the contact profile, and there is an "options" button, click it and it gives you a box to check off to direct the call directly to voice mail.

I use this option for "Unknown" callers or however blocked calls come into your phone.

If you don't have the number, you can't do it on your phone alone. Go to your "Google Contacts" on your computer, create a profile for "Unknown" or "Blocked Call" or however those types of calls come in, and after a minute or two your computer will sync with your phone, creating a contact on your phone of "Unknown", then you follow the instructions above, it works like a charm!

So there are the two ways to do it, one if you have the number, and one if you don't.

10. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

2 years old??

11. thisptr macrumors newbie

Can you please be more specific on how you use the Google account to achieve this? it would be of great help.