Help me get back to 6.1.3

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nsnarayan10, Aug 27, 2013.

1. nsnarayan10 macrumors member

Hey guys,I am using iphone 5(6.1.4) and as you all know there is no jailbreak for this,can I anyway get back to ios 6.1.3 to Jailbreak?If so where can I download 6.1.3 firmware?

Please be elaborative!

2. Ann P macrumors 68020

6.1.2 was the last firmware you could jailbreak untethered, on the 5 anyways.

3. nsnarayan10 thread starter macrumors member

But can I downgrade my iphone 5 from 6.1.4 to 6.1.3 or below?

Thank you!

4. Dalton63841 macrumors 65816

Dalton63841

Sorry but at the current time it is not possible. iPhone 4 and below can downgrade thanks to the Limerain exploit. 4S and 5 don't have that luxury.

5. nsnarayan10 thread starter macrumors member

I was testing putting my iphone 5 into recovery mode every now and then,any harm in doing that?

Can safe mode appear on non-jailbroken devices?

Thank you so much friend!

6. Dalton63841 macrumors 65816

Dalton63841

Safe mode is the result of Mobile Substrate, so it won't happen on an unjailbroken iPhone. Doing various things you MIGHT cause it to crash and automatically respring. No harm in doing anything with the software though.

7. nsnarayan10 thread starter macrumors member

Oh cool,but is Cydia the common app on every jailbreaking tool like Redsnow,Evasion,greenpoison and many more?

Why does the device give issues after jailbreaking?I mean sometimes they crash a lot,a boot loop occurs but why?Is this safe?

Thank you so much friend!

8. Dalton63841 macrumors 65816

Dalton63841

Yes Cydia is common to all jailbreaks, BUT a simple jailbreak by itself doesn't cause any of these issues. Jailbreaking does 1 thing. It gives you root access to the filesystem. Cydia is just another app that is almost always installed by the jailbreak tool.

The crashes and boot loops occur for a variety of reasons, such as installing poorly coded tweaks, or installing multiple tweaks that interact with each other in a bad way, or even as simple as installing way too many, which is more likely just some combination of the first two reasons.

A lot of people, especially those new to jailbreaking, tend to get a little crazy, and install every neat thing they find. The problem is that since these tweaks are not sandboxed, there is no way to predict how they will all interact with each other. My advice is always to decide what you want to jailbreak for, install the necessary tweaks for that, and then leave Cydia alone. I have like 7 things total installed from Cydia, and I've never experienced a crash or boot loop, or battery drain.

9. nsnarayan10 thread starter macrumors member

Absolutely but how do i check the trust level of those apps?And deleting them will easily solve the issue,right?Besides,some people still say Jailbreaking is unsafe which I completely deny and I m sure u do as well.Will terminating the jailbreak process brick the iphone?If so I can easily unbrick it by putting it in recovery mode and installing the firmware,right?

Any antivirus in Cydia for iphone?And last question,how do stay away from viruses while downloading from Cydia?Please give me this answer and its done.

I am sorry if I bothered u too much.

10. Dalton63841 macrumors 65816

Dalton63841

Hmmm I am actually not aware of antivirus for iOS. Never used one. Here's the easy way to play it safe with Cydia. If it's not heard of on MacRumors or iFans.com, then just better off to steer clear.

It's actually IMPOSSIBLE to brick an iPhone without corrupting the boot loader(which is not possible with normally used tools). No matter what happens, the worst case scenario is if it appears bricked, you just put it in DFU mode and restore.

No bother! Better to find the right information, instead of just blindly believing the naysayers.

11. nsnarayan10 thread starter macrumors member

Exactly and that means a restore point must be created in my laptop?I cant download any official firmware from any site?

12. Dalton63841 macrumors 65816

Dalton63841

The restore points are useless. There are a few places to get the firmware:
    http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/
    http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=750
    Also, if you just want to restore to the current firmware, just connect your iPhone to your PC, launch iTunes, and click the Restore button. It will automatically download the firmware and restore.

If you get your iPhone jailbroken, use TinyUmbrella or iFaith to get SHSH blobs. Currently they are useless for the iPhone 5, but they MIGHT find a way to downgrade them in the future, and if they do you would need them.

13. nsnarayan10 thread starter macrumors member

Oh thank you so so much for all this.Yes I did check out tinyumbrella and ifath and they dont get SHSH for iphone 5 so its useless like u mentioned but for ios 7 they certainly will and I have added u as friend bro.I may need ur help in future please dont mind helping this poor guy out and I swear I wont bug u like I did today!