Help me! I spent a lot of money on this 360 and all it does it play Rock Band.

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Jack Flash, Apr 9, 2009.

1. Jack Flash macrumors 65816

I bought a 60GB 360 when they refreshed them. And then I bought more wireless controllers, a WiFi adapter and a year subscription to Xbox Live. Heck, I even bought the chatpad.

I have Rock Band, a multitude of Microsoft Points, Worms and Castle Crashers.

I prefer FPS on my Windows partition as I have a relatively high-spec computer.

So, any good local multiplayer games. I bought World at War (And then bought it again for the PC) and was disappointed in the large map size that was no conducive to local multiplayer.

So, help me out. What's worth playing on the 360?

2. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

3. iSaygoodbye macrumors 6502a

iSaygoodbye

halo,cod 4,gears 1 or 2. gta 4. there are alot of amazing games for the 360

4. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

Fixed that for you to reflect truth :eek:;)

5. Tokiopop macrumors 68000

Tokiopop

Gears of War is the only exclusive game I can say I somewhat enjoyed. Dead Rising is okay for a quick play now and then, kinda repetitive... Call of Duty 4 is good too, apart from the obscure screaming maniacs. That like to scream at you. Alot. :p

Resident Evil 5 is awesome. But you might want to try out the Demo version first, as it is not to everyone's taste!

6. Richdmoore macrumors 65816

Richdmoore

My gut is telling me that COD 4 & COD:WAW do not have split screen multiplayer. I think the earlier COD 2 & COD 3 does do however.

Or are you asking about using two 360's connected together?

7. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

CoD4: Modern Warfare does have local split-screen. I can't vouch for World at War since I didn't buy it.
    As with all of CoD's, the multiplayer is only local/system-link, You can't Live it up with people sitting next to you.

8. Tokiopop macrumors 68000

Tokiopop

I think I recall WaW having a Split-Screen option on the co-op mode. But it has been well over a month since I last played it! :p

9. aznguyen316 macrumors 68020

aznguyen316

WaW has split screen coop.. lol now I think about it I'm not 100% sure I know there's 4 player coop I've only done it online w/ one player here.. and on PS3 haha.

If you have a high specced PC then I don't know what to recommend you except that money you spent on all that 360 gear should've been spent on a PS3 ;), that way you can play non FPS games that are great. Uncharted, Metal Gear Solid, Little Big Planet, Ratchet & Clank, not to mention enjoy some blu-ray. Anyway...For my 360 I only own Gears 2, all else on PS3 or PC. oh and L4D on both steam and 360. The gf likes to play L4D on 360 so I play with her on that.

but to stay on topic.. 360 games that are better on console, I guess Halo 3 is an exclusive, umm not Left 4 Dead since that's better on PC. lol I can't really think besides Gears 2 and Resident Evil 5. Yeah RE5 I guess is your next best bet.