Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macmaniac

macrumors 68040
Original poster
My Tar' is getting way old, and I want to change it bad. Over Spring Break and the Summer I will have a lot of time so I want to make a quality Tar'.
Here is my plan.
First you see the matrix "rain" effect
It ends up reading "Macmaniac Reloaded"
It then cuts to the Battle for Zion Seen where the APU's are holding back huge "fist sized" armies of squidies, You see a close up shot of Captain Mafooni shooting the sentinels and doing his yelling thing, the Tar' ends with "Macmaniac, the passion, Reloaded. I want to make that scene in my Tar', my current plan is to copy the film into iMovie, take a million still frames then piece them together in a GIF animator.
Now there must be an easier way, please some advice or help!

Attachments

• rvzion6.jpg
    rvzion6.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 156

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
That's ambitious, given the limited filesize for the avatar (20k).

Any transition or action shot adds frames to the gif, which adds to the file size. I'd try to limit it to only a couple of transitions/action shots.

cb911

macrumors 601
Mar 12, 2002
BrisVegas, Australia
i think there are a few apps you can get that allow you to work with Gif's easily. i can't remember their names, but i think there's some good freeware/shareware out there.

rueyeet

macrumors 65816
Jun 10, 2003
MD
Dude. That's WAY too much animation. It's a 'tar, not a Short Film entry at Sundance.

The best animated avatars are fairly simple, don't take forever to watch through a whole loop, and don't include fine detail that the space doesn't really allow for. You ask for advice, here is mine: Trim your idea down a bit. The first two steps--Matrix raining code forming your "MacManiac Reloaded"--would in and of themselves make a kick-ass 'tar.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.