Help me resuscitate my 4S!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tezmo, Apr 22, 2013.

1. tezmo macrumors newbie

Ahoy hoy!

If anyone can proffer any advice it would surely be much appreciated :)

This is what happens when I turn my 4S on:

[​IMG]

And when I plug it in, the presence of a charger is acknowledged:

[​IMG]

However, no matter how long I leave it plugged in, it will not spring to life - it sits on the charging screen like this indefinitely.

I have tried alternate cables, chargers, using USB ports, DFU mode restore, all to no avail.

I took it to the apple shop, and lo and behold, it powered up for the lady in there first time! But that only lasted a moment or two before it was back to this.

Its out of warranty, and was a £170 swap out at the apple store. Fair enough, but I'm no stranger to the guts of these - I'd like some suggestions please as regards what I should try replacing to bring this sucker back to life. Thank you all!

2. madsci954 macrumors 68030

Battery is probably kaput. How long did you leave it plugged in to try to recharge it? It usually takes a few mins to charge enough to boot up.

If it's been charging for awhile now and still won't boot, the battery is dead. Nothing you can do but replace the battery or pay to exchange it.

3. Rm.237 macrumors 6502

4. MGTR420 macrumors regular

This happened to me too with my 4s. I woke up in the morning with my charger plugged in, but the phone was dead with this screen. After leaving it plugged in for 2 hours it still didnt work. Driving back to school with my phone plugged in to that charger, it started to work...not sure this helps. but my phone out of nowhere began to work.

5. tezmo thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you all thus far :) I'm going to start by swapping the battery; any other notions about what component might be on the fritz before I go shopping?

6. Chocolatemilty macrumors 6502a

It could be a loose battery connector and not the battery. I suppose opening up the phone and checking what could be the simple fix. If not, it looks like the battery could be out. I would guess your AppleCare warranty is up?

7. Beenblacklisted macrumors 6502

Beenblacklisted

first try hard reboot, if that fails try dfu mode and upgrade software, if that fails, leave it completely untouched for 24-36 hrs, then try again, if that fails, check t make sure no liquid has come into contact with charging area, try to do as much as u can before opening phone.

8. srsub3 macrumors 6502

srsub3

to me there is some part broken in the connector dock.... maybe a lamella that doesn't keep contact correctly....