Help me tell Serious Sam what to say in my voicemail!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ravenvii, Aug 12, 2009.

1. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

http://www.violencemedia.com/

The voice actor for Serious Sam (think Duke Nukem) is in debt and selling his voice for $1 a word.

So I want him to do my voicemail!

I keep getting phone calls on my iPhone, and it's really annoying. I'm deaf, and don't - and can't - use the phone function. So I want to have a voicemail basically telling the telemarketer that I'm deaf, and to not bother calling anymore.

I'm thinking "I'm deaf, fool. Quit calling this number." Or something. Any ideas? (Keep it ~10 words or less!)

2. Meek Wriggle macrumors member

It's a shame it wasn't the voice actor for Duke Nukem. Now that would be funny.

3. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

You're in the US, right? You had those "can you hear me now?" commercials?

Maybe "No, I cannot hear you now or ever. Messages are futile." ?

Or how about "I'm deaf but I don't want to hear from you anyway. Leave no message." ?

4. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

"Thank you for calling. This voicemail is for your entertainment purposes only due to the fact that I am deaf and unable to hear any message you might decide to leave here. Have fun playing with yourself!" :D

5. spaceboots06 macrumors 6502a

spaceboots06

You can have your voicemails transcribed with Goolge Voice! Now you can listen to what telemarketers have to say!

You'd be surprised when you realize whatever they're trying to sell is absolutely necessary in your life!

Also, why do you want Serious Sam to do your voicemail, if you don't know how he sounds! Is it his general persona that makes it tempting? Just curious...

6. ravenvii thread starter macrumors 604

ravenvii

You're right, I have no idea how he sounds. It's just his general persona.

I know about Google Voice - I was pissed when the app was rejected from the App Store. Morons.

Thanks for the suggestions so far. But not quite what I'm looking for. I'm looking for something Duke Nukem (or Serious Sam) would say.

7. spaceboots06 macrumors 6502a

spaceboots06

If you have your iPhone jailbroken, you can get the very one that was denied from the App Store. I'm not sure off the top of my head if it transcribes voicemails, but there is always

https://www.google.com/voice/m

I think that might provide transcripts.