help me to convince my friend to buy ACD 30" right now!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by phuong, Aug 27, 2007.

1. phuong macrumors 6502a

a friend asks me to help her buying a dual ACD 30" setup. she isn't in the rush. she just don't want to buy it only to find out a couple weeks later they are revised.
    i am dead sure ACD 30" are fine the way they are now (that's what i told her).
    bottom line, i want to convince her that Apple won't replace them in any near future, therefore she should just buy them now when she got the money. plz help!
    (or if you believe otherwise, let me know)

2. Father Jack macrumors 68020

Father Jack

It's very seldom that Apple give you advanced warning when something is about to change. You can listen to / read the rumors but at the end of the day you buy and take the chance .. :(

3. phuong thread starter macrumors 6502a

does anybody remember when was the last time Apple refreshed their ACD line up though?

4. ab2650 macrumors 6502a

And it's not much "chance" if you really get thinking about it. Does the $1800 sound like a fair deal for the specs one gets for the 30" ACD? If Apple were to release a newer ACD tomorrow (better specs, same price) how does that change that it was a "fair deal" when one purchased it?

It boils down to a sense of devaluation when a newer, better product is rolled out, but the fact remains that it doesn't mean one got a bad deal. It was still a good enough deal when one bought it. I say, tell her go for it. It's supposed to be an awesome display (I myself would probably go for the Dell 30")

At least that's my take. I admit my heart sank a little when I no longer had the newest, fastest product from Apple.

5. ab2650 macrumors 6502a

MacRumors has a page for you!
    To summarize, the 30" ACD hasn't seen any spec changes since March 2006. (The 20" & 23" were bumped in August '06). The only things that have happened since March '06 were a $500 price drop, then a $200 drop. I'd say the 30" ACD is getting closer to being priced competitively. I said before I'd go for the Dell 30" personally - but it's only about a $300 difference at this point IIRC.

6. Father Jack macrumors 68020

Father Jack

I think about 3 years ago (might be a little longer). The older ACD's had a broad plastic surround.

Sorry I forgot about the increase in contrast 2006

7. Multimedia macrumors 603

Multimedia

HP LP3065 30" Is A Much Better Choice For Only $1300 at PC Connection

Hewlett Packard LP3065 with 3 dual link inputs and high color gamut and HDCP support is a much better 30" option for only $1300 after $100 rebate 'til October 31.

$200 less than a refurbished OLD 30" ACHDD.