Help Me Verify Camera Glitch

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by crazyitalian198, Sep 24, 2012.

1. crazyitalian198 macrumors regular

Having an issue with the preview in the camera app. By preview I mean you take a picture and swipe left to see the picture you just took.

If you launch camera from the LOCK screen the preview looks ok; however, if you launch the camera app from the HOME screen, shoot a picture, then swipe to preview it it comes in blurry/pixelated. In order to fix that, you simply need to rotate the phone. If you don't rotate it, it remains pixelated.

This all goes away when you open the photo app. This seems to be a software bug to me. Hopefully apple will get on this one and provide a quick fix for an annoying problem.

Can anyone else replicate this? I've only heard of one other person writing about this glitch to date.

2. Radiating macrumors 65816

3. crazyitalian198 thread starter macrumors regular

Hmm, may have to try a software restore to see if this rectifies the situation.

4. pure3d2 macrumors 6502

I was not able to replicate this issue. I tried it 3 times.

5. crazyitalian198, Sep 24, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2012

crazyitalian198 thread starter macrumors regular

Very weird - I took a large number of photos with flash on off and auto and sometimes I'd run into the problem and other not; however, there is no recognizable pattern.

Just snapped 10 more photos - no pixelation upon preview this go around. Very odd behavior. I suspect it has to do with a sensor and processing within iOS. Perhaps the conditions have to be right for it to kick on. Otherwise it would happen all the time.

6. SamGabbay macrumors 6502a

SamGabbay

I've been having this issue since iOS 4. No joke. Really annoying but I learn to adapt. A nice fix would be nice though.