Help Migrating to New iTunes

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by shmulibr, Apr 22, 2012.

1. shmulibr macrumors newbie

Hello,
    I recently got a new mac and I'm having a trouble syncing my iPhone with regards to Apps.

I want to sync my Apps to my new iTunes while keeping my Apps-folder -structure in my iPhone. While I did transfer all my purchases to the new computer, when I press sync, iTunes shows me all me iPhone apps but not in their Folders.
    How can I fix that?

Note: I have successfully transfer all my music and the only thing that bugs me is the fact that I will have to organize all my apps on my iPhone (it will take a long time). I do have all the files on my other pc computer, so I can transfer any configuration file necessary to the mac, if it will help.

Thanks

2. musty345 macrumors regular

musty345

Maybe transferring all go your old apps/music/videos onto your new computer.

Then find the backup of your iPhone ( /Users/username/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup ), transfer it onto your new computer, and then restore from that.

3. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

if you still have the old computer just grab the music folder off there and put it on the new mac.

Alternatively just transfer purchases by right clicking your phone in itunes

4. shmulibr thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey guys,
    andybno1 and musty345, the problem isn't with my music. That has been taken care of, the problem lies with my Apps
    If I sync my iPhone, I will have to reorganize them in folders, on my iPhone.

I mentioned that I can transfer any configuration file to my Mac if it will help with that.

Thanks

5. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

that is what I was meaning when I said copy the iTunes folder in the music folder to the new mac, this will keep your settings for the phone an apps, music etc in tact