Help! My Iphone 3G resets my wireless router when it tries to connect to it

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by velvetundergrad, Jul 28, 2009.

1. velvetundergrad macrumors newbie

Hi guys, was wondering if anybody in the forum could shed some light on my problem.
    My Iphone was able to connect to my wireless router once, but after i upgraded it to firmware 3.0, it would reset my router everytime i attempt to connect to it. (As in the power button on the router goes off and on again) I've tried rebooting the modem a few times, but the same thing keeps happening.
    I'm using a Dynalink RTA1025W wireless 4-port modem router. The firmware of both the iphone and the router are current.
    I have absolutely no idea why this happens, appreciate if anyone could tell me why.

2. FXT 1 macrumors 6502

Are you sure this is the iPhone's fault?
    Perhaps try another WiFi device on the router?

3. velvetundergrad thread starter macrumors newbie

Yep pretty sure actually. I have three other laptops that connect to the router wirelessly without a hitch. I guess it isn't a common problem eh

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

No its not, I have two iPhones (mine and my wife's) and we connect to my network via wifi and never once ever experienced remotely what's occurring with you.

I'm personally kind of picky on what routers to use, and currently I'm using an apple one (time capsule). While unrelated I have heard people complain about dlink but not the symptoms your dealing with. I suspect its a faulty router since its unable to remain up after the iPhone connects.

5. iphoneuser11111 macrumors newbie

mate how did u solve this problem?? i am experiencing the same thing now..my bro's iphone and laptop work on the same router but when i try to connect my iphone the router reboots!! it used to connect before on the same router even when the other iphone and laptop was connected! pls help

6. gtuck69 macrumors newbie