Help my iPhone is stucking erase all data

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by charlie97, May 29, 2013.

1. charlie97 macrumors newbie

i clicked erase all data because i was getting rid of the crap on my iphone and its now stuck on forever loop thing its stuck on the spinning circle thing and its just stuck on that is there any way to fix this ive tried dfu nothing happened tried ireb to reboot it nothing happened please help me

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

You need to put it into DFU mode and restore it. DFU mode will work, if you don't get in to DFU mode the first time just keep trying. DFU mode will always work unless your device has a hardware problem.

3. charlie97 thread starter macrumors newbie

ive tried that about 4 times now by the way my iphone is a iphone 4 and jailbroken i just read up i should not have pressed erase ive also tried ireb to try and fix ut its definatly not a hardware problem as its fine apart form it wont get out of erase all data mode

4. charlie97 thread starter macrumors newbie

5. CEmajr macrumors 601

For future reference never click erase all data on a jail broken iPhone. You have to restore through iTunes when your phone is jailbroken.

6. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Unless the device is running iOS 5 or higher. Then it just gets stuck at the Apple logo. A force restart later and everything is back.

7. annaharris macrumors member

Happy to know that your problem is solved. “Intell” is right don't ever “Erase all data” function in jailbrek iPhone, just restore it through iTunes.