HELP! My iPod Touch songs all got deleted, but now they still take up memory

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Captain Brooks, Mar 19, 2009.

1. Captain Brooks macrumors newbie

OK, I shut down the computer while my iPod Touch was in it (because the computer wasn't responding) and then, after that, unplugged and replugged the cord. Just for info, the computer that my iTunes is on is a Windows computer, because my Mac doesn't have my songs. I think one of those things make have deleted all the songs on my iPod Touch, except for two which I purchased on the Touch and hadn't put it on my computer yet. That was just annoying, because the songs were still on my iTunes. So I started to put the stuff that was deleted back on to my iPod. But then I realized that the deleted songs were still taking up memory, except all of the memory is now under "Other". Is there anyway I can get my songs back and get rid of that space? I would restore my iPod, but if I did would that delete the apps on my iPod? Is the memory on your apps saved on the copies on your computer? Because I have on those apps that I can't have deleted. Does any one know what happened or what I can do?

2. Austin2048 macrumors 6502

Austin2048

i had that same exact thing happen to me about a month ago. i just restored my iPod and had my friend email me a read me file on how to re jailbreak it. you should be able to download all your apps again without paying for them again. just make sure you write down which ones you have before you restore it and dont be stupid like i was and not copy your contacts and all that stuff and if its jailbroken write down everything you got from the jailbreak. im still missing stuff that i had before i restored mine and it is so damn annoying