Help... need to display (live) what I'm rec. with iPhone 4S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by yourtoys7, Dec 13, 2011.

1. yourtoys7 macrumors 6502a

Hi, I'm wondering if I can rec. with my iphone 4S and be able to feed live on to a display. If there is an app. for my situation, can someone help? thanks.

2. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

You could use an Apple TV to do it wirelessly using AirPlay mirroring. If you don't want to spend that much, you could get the Digital HDMI adapter and mirror it that way.

3. mattraehl macrumors 6502

If you're just streaming from somewhere in your house to your TV, AirPlay is probably the simplest way to do this. If you need to stream remotely, Qik allows you to record and stream video realtime to their servers and the video can be viewed live ina browser. I think Ustream is a similar service as well.

It's also useful if you ever find yourself in the unfortunate position of needing to record police misbehavior, since it streams in real time, if your phone is taken/destroyed you will still have all the video saved online.

I haven't used either service though.

4. yourtoys7, Dec 13, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2011

yourtoys7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

We'll be doing bunch of games in a new years function and trying to capture live video to be displayed on projector for everyone to view.
    So apple tv mirroring will work?

5. kfergiez macrumors 6502

kfergiez

Pretty sure the only way to do that is to jailbreak.