Help needed!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ToxicNirvana, Aug 22, 2012.

1. ToxicNirvana macrumors newbie

I decided to change the color of my iPhone a via conversion kit. In doing so, I successfully put the phone back together and everything worked great (or so I thought)... Anyways long story short I now have a problem when making calls, the person on the other end can't hear me unless I'm on speaker phone or have headphones plugged in. I've tried multiple times disconnecting and reconnecting the microphone wires and have not been able to get it to work again. I've even looked all over the web to see what else could be done and even called Apple (though I knew once they heard it was a conversion they wouldn't do anything about it). I'm just wondering if anyone else had this issue in the past and what I could do to fix it. :confused:

Thanks!

2. Azzin macrumors 68040

Did this happen as soon as you'd done the conversion?

I've had it before (no conversion or anything) and it was something stuck in the bottom of the headphone socket.

It happened once after coming back of holiday and there was a tiny pebble in there!

Exactly the same symptoms as you've got, so definitely worth a check.

3. ToxicNirvana thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, once I finished the conversion I was checking all of the features to make sure the phones were working before completely putting them back together when we noticed both phones were having the symptoms above. Yeah I figure it wouldn't hurt to open them back up just to make sure we didn't leave a screw or something in there. Thank you!