Help! People who have done In Store Pick-Up

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Goldisbest, Oct 9, 2013.

1. Goldisbest macrumors newbie

I just placed an order for in store pick-up using the apple app BUT after finishing (and my one minute victory dancing) I realized my conformation email says nothing about the location I selected for pick-up. Also checked my order info on apple.com and I see nothing about the location on my order details??? Will I be receiving another email with more info on pick-up shortly? Is that normally what happens?? :( Worried its just being reshipped to me now....

2. bwsteg macrumors 6502

Bad news. You forgot to select instore pickup.

3. Goldisbest thread starter macrumors newbie

Uhhh just broke my heart :( so I was right, should say order location in details correct? Talked to an Online rep and said to wait an hour..

4. Appl3FTW macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

5. bwsteg macrumors 6502

Yes it should state the chosen pick up store on the confirmation email.

6. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

7. Fedmahn Kassad macrumors regular

LOL

To be completely honest, the exact thing happened to me last week, victory lap around my living room and everything. When I sat down I was a bit skeptical and wondering why I had no store info on my receipt. Then I realized: I selected online order lol.

8. Goldisbest thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you very much for confirming, I figured the service rep was pulling my chain on this... Must be getting tired of people calling and complaining! -_-

I had two phones in my cart but could only purchase one, and I of course must have selected the one without the Pick-Up! uhhh! I would have gotten it! Guess theres always tomorrow :/

& Yes Gold Best!:D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7-RetY7fGo

9. Goldisbest, Oct 9, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2013

Goldisbest thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you very much for confirming, I figured the service rep was pulling my chain on this... Must be getting tired of people calling and complaining! -_-

I had two phones in my cart but could only purchase one, and I OF COURSE I must have selected the one without the Pick-Up! uhhh! I would have gotten it too! But I guess theres always tomorrow :/

& Yes Gold is Best!:D
    Check out "Conon (Gold is best)" On youtube, pretty funny

----------

Lmao nice to know I wasn't the only one who did this *face palm*
    Hopefully you were able to reorder and get your iphone?

10. Fedmahn Kassad macrumors regular

Nah, I decided to do the 7:30/8AM line-up at a store in my area. Was quite successful! After doing it and observing the situation, I think that's an easier option for people having trouble with online orders.

11. Goldisbest thread starter macrumors newbie

Were you looking to get a gold iphone? I hear they hold some of the gold stock for the in store pick up so that what worries me most about the waiting game. If Im unsuccessful this week with the in store pick-up will defiantly be trying the line-up option. Congradz on getting your 5s :)

12. Fedmahn Kassad macrumors regular

No - I just wanted a black T-Mobile phone, which can be really hard to reserve around where I live. I had a ticket for it in-hand when I changed my mind and decided to get the Verizon model :rolleyes:

But from what I observed at the store/have heard from friends/read online:

- There are just a few Gold versions for every carrier per shipment
    - Few silver as well, but these don't go as fast as the gold
    - Black/gray is most plentiful
    - ATT and Sprint phones are most available, but Sprint phones don't sell as much, even the gold
    - Tons of gray Verizon, very little of gold/silver
    - Very few T-Mobile phones anywhere, and stores that have it only have it in black

My experience today: a bunch of scalpers bought all the ATT gold and silver models immediately, then a few of them decided to get the Sprint gold just b/c it's gold, and everyone else bought Verizon phones in black.

Your mileage may vary...

13. eagleglen macrumors 6502a

eagleglen

Are people still lining up 2 hours before the apple store opens to get an iPhone 5s? Is this happening at all stores? Is this stock different from what's available from in-store pickup?

Thx.

14. Fedmahn Kassad macrumors regular

- In NYC, yes there are lines hours before stores open. I'm not sure how it's working for the 24-hour stores. The one I wound up getting my phone from had people lining up from 5AM for a 10AM open, and one scalper couple supposedly camped out from 10PM the night before

- No idea about all stores, I'm just a customer :p

- The shipments that stores get are mostly allocated to people waiting in line in the AM.

I still think that your best, most surefire way of getting a phone is to line up. My store opened at 10AM, I got on line at 8AM, and there were enough phones to go around for everyone. I even got to choose between the T-Mobile phone that I originally wanted and an unlocked Verizon phone device-only with no account setup or anything. Once it was my turn, the whole transaction took maybe 60 seconds. The girl typed my name in, someone brought the phone out as she swiped my credit card, I signed, emailed receipt, and I was done.