Help! Playlist copied literally 10000 times!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by roow110, Mar 25, 2013.

1. roow110 macrumors regular

I have iTunes Match, and, I created a playlist on my iPhone, put a few songs in, and listened to it on the train. I get home, open up iTunes on my Mac and realize that the playlist was literally copied 10,000 times. I assume this is because it is the limit for the number of playlists you can have... Now, whenever I have iTunes match on, my music app crashes on my iPhone and iPad. I haves spent hours trying to delete them one by one (as there is no way to select multiple playlists) however they just return.

I went to the Apple store and worked with a few geniuses for a couple of hours and the had no clue, so they had me call Apple support. I was on the phone with them for 3 hours, sent them photos, they even remotely accessed my computer (didn't know they could do that!) and played around with it. They had no idea, they gave me a number and said they would get back to me. Six months later, they still have no clue what to do.

Has anyone else encountered a similar problem before? I assume this is an iTunes Match issue. Its a real shame because I paid for the service and it is literally making it impossible to use iTunes or listen to music anymore. Please help!

2. Luis2004 macrumors 6502a

Restore your phone, reinstall iTunes, and create a new Apple ID.

3. Dulcimer macrumors 6502a

Dulcimer

6 months?! That's crazy! Shouldn't this issue be escalated beyond Apple Support and higher up the chain to where they can access your account and perhaps delete certain aspects of your account?

I respect your apparent 'coolness' with the situation, OP.

Also, make sure you're reimbursed for all these issues.

4. Luis2004 macrumors 6502a

What are they going to reimburse? He didn't lose money with this problem.

5. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Yes, reimbursed, because that's justified.

6. Dulcimer macrumors 6502a

Dulcimer

Yes he did. He paid for iTunes Match and he can't use the service.

7. Luis2004 macrumors 6502a

Oh I see. Then yes, by all means.

8. NewAnger macrumors 6502a

Use automator on your Mac and select the delete duplicate playlist option. It was made for times like these.