HELP PLEASE!!!-Cant figure how to connect to internet on airport Extreme

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by pilotkid, Nov 1, 2007.

1. pilotkid macrumors 6502a

HELP! I reformated my macbook because it was acting funny and I forgot my network key and couldnt connect to my network with my airport extreme. So I reset is to the factory setting and have been trying to make a network for seriously 2hrs 45mins. I'm connected to the internet now via my macbook and airport extreme but its using the factory settings and the amber light is blinking at me. I have no Idea what I'm doing wrong, I have looked up support topics and followed the directions from apples website and I can make a network but my macbook wont connect to it, sort of. According to the signal on the top tool bar it has full signal and when I click on it to see all the wireless networks it is on the one that I just made BUT it internet will not work, nothing internet related will work. What am I doing wrong?????? I have cox highspeed internet in Phoenix, AZ if that helps. I'm using a cable modem and use a ethernet cable that connects to my airport extreme. Can someone PLEASE help??? Thank you sooo much!

2. CashGap macrumors 6502

CashGap

Turn off the cable modem and the APE.

Wait.

Turn back on.

Without specifics, this is something general that fixes a lot of problems such as the cable modem having wrong destination MAC (not Apple) address cached, etc.

3. pilotkid thread starter macrumors 6502a

I just tried that. It didnt work. Thanks for the suggestion though!

4. cdinca macrumors 6502

as I recall, with a cable modem and a router, you have to clone your MAC address.