Help please: contact O2 board admins – how?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by jimthing, Mar 3, 2012.

1. jimthing, Mar 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2012

jimthing macrumors 6502a

jimthing

I'm trying to get in contact with the admin on the British O2 forums board, here:
    http://forum.o2.co.uk

I cannot for the life of me find the so-called "board admin" contact email to get back on the board after being locked-out after simply updating my email address in my account prefs on there THREE DAYS AGO now!

The email I got to my updated email address says this:

"Hello <username>,

Your account on "O2 Forum" has been deactivated, most likely due to changes made to your profile. The administrator of the board will need to activate it before you can log in. You will receive another notification when this has occurred.

--
    O2"

Here I bloody well am THREE days later and nothing!!
    - I have emailed the "Reply To" email (forum@o2.co.uk) and get no response.
    - I cannot find the admin Contact details there ANYWHERE.
    - The FAQ/Help is NOT helpful with no contact details: http://forum.o2.co.uk/terms.php / http://forum.o2.co.uk/faq.php

...I don't know wtf to do...??
    :confused::mad:

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Change your title a wee bit. It makes it seem as if its this board's admins. Also, have you tried phoning?

3. jimthing thread starter macrumors 6502a

jimthing

Yep: "can't help" was the basic gist O2 phone support had to say (such a 'great' company O2 are!)

I actually have a main sticky'd thread on there where I maintain a list of info for others, and this is the treatment; totally impossible to get back onto the boards just for changing my email?!?!

This is really ****** me off big time! Who the hell runs a board with absolutely NO admin contact details in the Help section?? (And it's a multinational company to boot, so they must be hiring technical morons to set this stuff up!)

4. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

They don't seem to have any rules against reregistering. So you might try that.

B

5. jimthing thread starter macrumors 6502a

jimthing

Yeah, but I can't re-edit previous forum pages under a new username can I...

6. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

But you might have a shot a reporting a message to a mod who can point you to the admins.

B

7. jimthing thread starter macrumors 6502a

jimthing

It's late here, so I have re-emailed that admin email address for a third time (and it's been 3 working days and 2 w/e days, so see what happens tmrw being Mon!). ...Before perhaps wasting more of my time doing that.

Thanks anyway, will let you know what happens, and mark this thread as resolved accordingly.

8. jimthing thread starter macrumors 6502a

jimthing

So Monday comes, and nothing has happened, so I was forced to reregister, just in order to contact the sodding admins on the site to be reactivated!

See the saga unfold here:
    http://forum.o2.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=73355

I'm still waiting on the thread above for some basic answers about how they run their forums to be answered.
    If no answers are forthcoming, I'll simply take the issue further with O2 directly, who as a multinational should have a commercial imperative to sort their side-operations out.

(Of course technical things like customer support and customer facing forums makes them no money directly as a business, so we'll see how good their response is, but past experience with them tells me not to be surprised if they reacted by doing nothing! As ever.)