Help please! recovery hd locked and i cant reinstall or unmount the disks

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bboypwr07, Dec 28, 2016.

1. bboypwr07, Dec 28, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2016

bboypwr07 macrumors newbie

bboypwr07

hello! please anyone can help me. I have the same problem! recovery HD its locked and I can't reinstall os. I try all the commands that you guys give. nothing work please help!!

If it helps I have all my passwords!

Attached Files:

2. Gokhan macrumors 6502a

Best bet if you can is to remove hd

Delete OS and reinstall from media

or you could mount it in another mac and do install

good luck

ps you might be able to reset password in open firmware mode too to gain admin rights (look it up)

3. bboypwr07 thread starter macrumors newbie

bboypwr07

Thank you Gokhan, so i mount it and install it in my other mac and it works, I was able to install OS and used. I think something its wrong with my other computer. so after I installed the OS in my other computer I mount it to my holder computer but it just got stack in the booting logo. Before i did all this i did open firmware and it was unlocked. there is a drive " recovery HD" that its locked and it doesn't let me install OS" I tried from the internet and from a bootable USB. and it give me an error.

Attached Files:

4. Gokhan macrumors 6502a

That error looks like it could be the actual HD itself or worse a hardware issue on the actual computer

Try booting from another HD on that machine if it works then my bet is , that it's the disk if not then something is up with that machine , run apple hardware test to see if that picks up anything

5. Gforce360 macrumors newbie

Did you try booting up in Internet recovery mode?

option -command - R

6. bboypwr07 thread starter macrumors newbie

bboypwr07

yes i did! i try also command+D and D to run the hardware test but i can't get in its you send me to the boot logo they it gets stack! and shutoff alone!