Help Please. Text messages are screwy.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BBQ BOY, Oct 20, 2012.

1. BBQ BOY macrumors regular

I was prompted to accept something through iTunes and I declined. Every time I went to do another task, I was prompted again and agian and again. I do not remember for the life of me what it was, BUT, now when I text my wife, I get another text from..."me". I'm getting text from her friends as well.
    She is having the same issues too.

2. trlyka macrumors 6502a

trlyka

Are these new phones? I have no clue, but could your SIMs be swapped? Sounds like the issue warrants a call to your provider or Apple.

3. ProudLoz macrumors regular

If it's a text message issue, sounds like you need to talk to your carrier. If it's an iMessage issue, maybe we can help.

4. BBQ BOY, Oct 20, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2012

BBQ BOY thread starter macrumors regular

Not new phone. These are 2 year old iPhone 4's. It looks like they are iMessages.
    Edit: I think I just figured it out. I went to Settings - general - message - send & receive. Apparently, I had about 4 phone numbers and email addresses selected.

5. ProudLoz macrumors regular

That's definitely your problem. You should consider having all those numbers make individual iCloud accounts.

I have a feeling that you're all using the same iTunes account for App Purchases, so you won't buy it for each account. Well, you have have a separate iCloud account and an iTunes Account for App/iTunes Purchases.

6. BBQ BOY thread starter macrumors regular

You are correct that we share the same iTunes account. The iCloud stuff is beginning to get a little more confusing but I will look into it.
    Thanks.