help please with waiving AT&T etf

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mkonji, Jul 24, 2013.

1. mkonji macrumors newbie

I have read in a few posts here about some that have been successful in leaving AT&T with the ETF waived after they emailed the ceo about the new 0.61 charges. I have been suffering from bad service for months, I am missing calls (while I am near the phone...it's like there is no reception and I see a few minutes later "missed call"....I cant hear well the other person speaking, and text messages can arrive a few days later....all this is causing me a lot of personal and professional headache. .I contacted AT&T and they said they will try to fix the problem, after a few days I got a message their engineers fixed it... nothing changed of course. I called the number they left me, a "case manage" answered and said there is not much they can do. I said that I want out from the contract and he was very rude and said that AT&T does not guaranty service at home...so there is no reason for them to release me from the contract!
    I realy feel like they are blackmailing their customers, and I want to leave, but I have a family plan with 3 lines....
    now I saw that a few were able to get out of the etf with the email to the ceo, I am just not sure if I should try that, or can I email the CEO about the issues I have and have him release the etf? any suggestions? THANKS

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You can always try but doesn't mean they will waive the ETF charge.
    If you have newer iphones or cellphones to your lines you can sell them to make up for the ETF.

3. mkonji thread starter macrumors newbie

4. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

This was a couple of months ago. If you had an objection to this, the time to lodge it was the first time it appeared on your bill. If you've since paid that bill and gotten another one, then you've missed the boat.