Help please

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pinkmess52, Sep 2, 2012.

1. pinkmess52 macrumors newbie

My husband bought a iphone3gs. We put the tmobile sim card in, set it up as a new phone, it worked fine for a week or so. Today I woke up and noticed it said NO SERVICE. Thinking if I restore it, it might fix the problem. Well now when I get to the activation screen it will get to the screen where it says "insert valid sim card. On my itunes page it says the sim card inserted in this iphone does not appear to be supported.. Ok first off how did it work on tmobile for a week or so and all of a sudden it is not compatible. It is AT&T phone. It had to be unlocked to even work for that short time.. I thought once a iphone is unlocked it is unlocked forever? I have tried to restore it 5 or so times and I get the same thing. HELP ME PLEASE

2. kannesss macrumors 6502a

I'm not sure about those, but i know that most tmobile cards wont work in old iphones. I heard something about them having the new iphone4/4s sim card size where you can buy those, but I think tmobile will notice the iPhone on its thing.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

It might have been unlocked with ultrasnow instead of an official unlock.
    If you restore a jb and software unlocked iPhone the unlock is lost.
    Sounds like the case here.
    You can purchase an imei unlock on eBay or various other places or contact AT&T and try to have them unlock it.

4. pinkmess52 thread starter macrumors newbie

help

It was brand new out the box. Never activacted till I did it. my serial numbers are 88227. Is that to new of a phone to ultrasnow and will it brick my phone? I have been reading on the net and watching youtoube videos and certain serial numbers should not use red snow or am I wrong? :mad:

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Not sure.
    So you're saying the phone was brand new, never opened before in a box?
    Then I dont know if it was jailbroken and unlocked with ultrasnow or if it was factory unlocked.
    See if it will activate with an AT&T sim.
    Or bring it to Apple and have them see if there's anything wrong with it.
    Go to this site and put in the IMEI number. http://iphoneox.com/
    It will tell you if its unlocked or not.

6. pinkmess52 thread starter macrumors newbie

It says it is locked. What do I do now. I only have my Tmobile sim card?

----------

Also after I get past the activation screen, do I need to download ultrasnow/redsnow/cydia to unlock it?