Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

criscras

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 17, 2014
Hi!

How do companies set up their "company" names and "seller" names when they provide apps for their clients?

Our Company (Legal Entity) "LE" is about to release a new App on behalf of another company "Company Y" but we are unsure about the following:

-In the future, will we be possible to transfer the App from one account to another?
-If so, what would be the process? And, Are there any standard agreements we should be considering?

Thank you very much in AppVance! :apple:

Cris

Last edited:

TouchMint.com

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2012
Phoenix
I believe you can transfer now but I think it's much easier for them to apply for their own dev account and you publish for them under their dev account.

Kryckter

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2009
Hi!

How do companies set up their "company" names and "seller" names when they provide apps for their clients?

Our Company (Legal Entity) "LE" is about to release a new App on behalf of another company "Company Y" but we are unsure about the following:

-In the future, will we be possible to transfer the App from one account to another?
-If so, what would be the process? And, Are there any standard agreements we should be considering?

Thank you very much in AppVance! :apple:

Cris

A company sets up their name when they sign up for their developer account. You can not set this by app...

I would advise that they set up their own developer account and you publish the app for them. If you publish the app for them on your account, you would be taking on all legal responsibility for it. You could transfer it at a later date, but I still wouldnt ever host a clients app on my personal account.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.