Help selling old iPhone 4S 64GB AT&T

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Theod0re, Sep 14, 2012.

1. Theod0re macrumors member

Okay... so I know everyone is freaking pre-ordering and oozing over their new phones, but hopefully someone can help me out real quick.

I wanna sell my iPhone 4S 64GB (AT&T) to offset the cost of this new phone. Craigslist is looking 500-600$ range though I'm not sure if people are buying.

Does it make a difference if my phone is "unlocked"? I have it jailbroken. I'm sure I can unlock it if that makes it worth more. If not then I'm sure another AT&T user could just switch out their SIM correct.

I have all the originals. Also the back is brand new (Retro, not a normal colored back plate) Is 500-600$ a good price to try and sell it at? I was gonna start at 600. Any other websites maybe? I was looking to keep it local but I suppose I can ship if necessary to get someone to pay that much.

Thanks!

2. thomamon macrumors 6502a

thomamon

I am doing mine through Gazelle... Got a good offer and new one is only costing me $74.00

3. Theod0re thread starter macrumors member

Eh.. you can always get more money person to person than through a website/retailer like that.

4. redboxcar macrumors 6502

redboxcar

I sold my 16GB on Craigslist earlier today. Got $375 for it, but didn't provide anything but the phone and sync cable. I'd say that if you put it at $600, you could probably get that - but not right away. If you wanna get a quick sale, drop your price to about $550 if you'll still be happy with that.

Always include the fact that you have all the originals. Just remember that people on Craigslist love to barter, so be prepared for that. Sometimes it's worth it to just let it go for $20 cheaper than your asking price for the sake of getting rid of it.

I've had success every single year selling all of my family's iPhones on Craigslist.

Good luck! :)

5. Theod0re thread starter macrumors member

Noice man. I just threw it up for 550$. Wouldn't say I'm aching to get rid of it since the 5 ain't even out yet, but eh. I like to sell things quick and not deal with the bull.

It's crazy now their websites are listing 2 weeks past release date for the phones to ship. This happened last year too yet when I walked in the store mid-day release day, I waited 10 mins and walked out with a phone. They still had plenty in stock.