HELP! Someone overwrote their contacts over mine on my iCloud Account!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by RST1123, Feb 4, 2012.

1. RST1123 macrumors newbie

I recently sold an iphone 3GS on iOS 5, and i May have activated the phone for them with my apple id....

So all of the sudden, all of my contacts are missing and I have someone else's contacts Instead...

Every time I try to restore from a backup that has my contacts in it, it restores the phone without any of my contacts or information. Its as if its not really restoring from backup... the only thing that transfers are the apps... but then again, I feel like the apps might have never left the phone.

I cannot get my old contacts and this is really frustrating. The first person to post a solution that helps me get my contacts back on my 4S, I will donate money into the paypal account that is posted.

Thank you!

2. RST1123 thread starter macrumors newbie

Bump, whenever I try to restore either a iPhone 4 or a 4S with one of my older backups with all my phone numbers, it says "5 seconds until done restoring" and sure enough, after activating on iOS 5 and telling it NOT to enable iCloud, it still gives me none of my Contacts, Pictures, Text Messages as of that date etc etc.

It's really frustrating, if anyone would have any advice I WOULD appreciate it!

Ryan