Help! Something's jammed in the CD drive of my Mini....

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by GanChan, Sep 9, 2010.

1. GanChan macrumors 6502a

I noticed that my Mini isn't accepting CDs, and when I look inside it appears that a thing piece of paper or cardboard is inserted in there (possibly stuck to the last CD I inserted, which of course didn't operate.)

If I'm right, is this something I can fix myself by opening the case? If I decide I don't care because I almost never use CDs anyway, can I just leave it inside the Mini or will that cause some kind of problem over time?

2. mangrove macrumors 6502

Heck, at this point I'd just insert that same CD into the SD hoping the same sticker will reattach to the CD it came off from.

Suggestion-Remove sticky labels before inserting CD's into SD!

3. GanChan thread starter macrumors 6502a

Turns out I was wrong -- nothing in there after all. The Mini must've just had a major brain fart. After 2 or 3 tries on my part, it mysteriously decided to end its labor strike and go back to work.

Maybe it was iTunes 10. I just downloaded it, so I'm not aware of any major bugs it might have....

Thanks anyway.

4. mangrove macrumors 6502

You know I am starting to hear some issues people are having after downloading iTunes 10. So far, I have not downloaded it. Kindly inform if you detect any iT10 issues, please.