Help to calibrate Phillips E-Line 237E3QPHSU monitor

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by NeonBible, Jun 26, 2012.

1. NeonBible, Jun 26, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2012

NeonBible macrumors member

Hey!

I bought a Phillips E-Line 237E3QPHSU monitor for a couple of months ago, and the color accuracy is not precise at all! I've tried to calibrate the monitor a dozen times but with no luck. So I wonder if someone else in this community also has a Phillips E-Line 237E3QPHSU, and maybe want to share their ICC-profile?

I'm currently using a 13 inch MacBook Air mid 2012, running Mac OS X Lion. My MacBook has a Samsung panel, if it matters.

Thanks in advance!:)

2. Apple fanboy macrumors Penryn

Apple fanboy

I'm not familiar with the panel but are you using a calibrator like a Xrite i1 Pro or Spyder 4 Pro? If not someone sharing there ICC profiles will not work even if they have the same monitor. No 2 panels will look the same without calibration. Also the ambient room lighting needs to be measured to do this correctly. If you are on a budget look at the colorMunki display or Spyder 4 express, but they are entry level calibrators.

3. NeonBible, Jun 27, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2012

NeonBible thread starter macrumors member

I've just used the calibration tool included in OS X, and just tried to calibrate it with my bare eyes. I don't need 100 percent color accuracy, but right now my Facebook comments are yellow instead of gray, for instance. And that's too much inaccuracy.

But yes, I know that two monitors of the same model won't show an identical picture with the same ICC-profile. We just had about color management at school :) But it won't get worse than my case right now. And until a few days ago, I used a MacBook Air mid 2011 with LG Philips panel. I found the colors and photo quality so bland and boring, and took a Google search. It redirected me to a topic on this forum, and someone had made an ICC-profile for exactly the MacBook Air's LG Philips panel, and it seemed to work great. So I believe that even though two of the same monitors will show a slightly different image with the same ICC-profile, I don't think it will be as inaccurate as my external monitor is right now :)