Help, trying to change text on back of ipod classic 1st gen 2001

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by grantdavey1991, Apr 30, 2014.

1. grantdavey1991 macrumors newbie

Hi there, sorry if this has been posted in the wrong way but I am new to this site.

I have been searching online for hours trying to find out how I can create a custom metal back housing plate for my iPod 1st Generation from 2001 (first ipod) -

The stock back is in bad condition and the hard drive is dead, so I took out the 1.8 zif toshiba 5gb and replaced it with a 32gb compact flash card using a converter from china

What I want to know, Is there anywhere online where I could buy or create a new back plate for the ipod with custom engraving at the bottom where the serial is located, I want to engrave '32gb' onto the back, or perhaps if this is not so simple maybe just a transparent custom sticker stating that it is 32gb?

Any suggestions?

Thanks

2. glenthompson macrumors 68000

glenthompson

A friend has a business making trophies, plaques, awards, and similar stuff. He has a process where he paints a compound on the metal then writes it with a laser, etching the metal. He does designs, logos and text. You might be ale to find something like that.

3. grantdavey1991 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks glen, sorry for the late reply i have had a very busy week! i took it into the apple store and they were happy to see an original, however they couldn't recommend any answers...just have to keep asking around!