HELP! Trying to connect i5 MBP to 1080p TV with MDP!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jnash, Feb 13, 2011.

1. jnash macrumors regular

HEY GUYS!

I have 2 samsung TV's one being a 4 year old 720p TV and one being a brand new 1080p. When I plug in my laptop to my old 720p tv (MDP to HDMI) everything is perfect everything fits on the screen and its really clear, however when I plug my same set-up and hdmi cable to my new 1080p tv and ensure my MBP is set to 1080p I lose my icons at the bottom and I cant see my top bar I have tried putting the tv in 720p and other modes and its still not working right... WHAT could it be?!?:(

2. tjb1 macrumors 68000

Are you trying to mirror the displays? If you are, they will only mirror to a resolution that both screens can support...either the tvs or the macs. You will have to uncheck the mirroring if you want it to work.

3. jnash thread starter macrumors regular

Yes I am... ok so uncheck the box and use the tv or mbp as an extended. I wish I could just turn off the display on y laptop and use the tv as primary (like terrible pcs)

4. tjb1 macrumors 68000

Yes, unchecking that should fix your display issue. And you can run the mac in clamshell mode which will allow you to close the computer and wake it with external keyboard/mouse.

5. jnash thread starter macrumors regular

Bro you have been awesome thanks for help pluging in my computer now to test it un-mirrored ill post both if all is as well.

6. jnash thread starter macrumors regular

WORKED!! Due to the fact it gives me an option called underscan which allows me to zoom out and make everything fit perfect thanks for your help!

7. Fubar1977 macrumors 6502a

Fubar1977

This also worked for me, shame windows 7 doesn`t seem to have such a simple solution, I had to mess about with TV settings.