Carrier Help! Unlocked iphone'

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Carovc, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Carovc macrumors newbie

Hi, i want a iphone 5s to use with other gsm carrier

What should i do? Buy the ATT full price (device only) at the apple store
    Or buy the t-mobile contract free?
    Or in the apple store is available a unlocked iphone 5s?
    What should be easier?
    Help please!

2. 6thDAY macrumors 6502a

if you want an unlocked iphone, you can either purchase an AT&T or T-Mobile FULL PRICE, but it has to be done at an Apple Store

they will come factory unlocked, REGARDLESS of what the employees there may tell you.....if they tell you its locked but contract-free, they are WRONG because it has already been confirmed by members on macrumors

I would recommend getting the ATT, since I dont think T-Mobile versions are available at Apple Stores.......yet

3. blarivee macrumors 6502

T-Mobile contract free is not unlocked. There are a few posts in here where people got T-Mobile contract free and found out it's locked to T-Mobile. In fact if you go to Apple online store you will see that T-Mobile wording no longer includes unlocked.

4. Carovc thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks'
    So i dont have to do anything with the att full price device? I just have to put my sim card and thats it?

5. Col Ronson macrumors 6502a

restore it in iTunes first so you get the "congrats youre iphone is unlocked"

6. blarivee macrumors 6502

I am not sure about AT&T. I have read here that some have success getting unlocked AT&T from the AT&T stores for full price.

7. Col Ronson macrumors 6502a

the phones sold at the ATT store are locked, even at full price. well most att stores won't sell you a device only without contract.

Best bet is apple store.
    1] Device only, full price
    2] usb restore thru iTunes
    3] tada

takes 30 mins tops.