Help: Updated to 3.0.1 now none of my email accounts work

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vraptor65, Jul 31, 2009.

1. vraptor65 macrumors newbie

Hi Folks,

I just updated to the new firmware. However, I can't connect to any of my email accounts (one is a yahoo account. The other is an MS exchange). I tried calling my Carrier (Rogers) to reset the network settings, they did but to no avail. Also tried restoring from Back up and setting up the phone as a new phone. Still no workie....

Any idea what's going on? Rogers is telling me to get a replacement from an Apple Store...

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Try going into email settings and see if your userId and password and the rest of settings are correct.
    If that don't work do a restore.

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

What happens when you go to mail settings to add an account? Can you? Also, if the settings are correct as the poster above asked, then try deleting the account and then adding it back.

4. woolymammoth macrumors newbie

i have found myself in a similar situation
    i downloaded 3.0.1 and when i went into my comcast email i could only select inbox. the sent trash and bulk boxes are no longer there. ive already restored my iphone once. should i put it in dfu mode and restore it?

5. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Well, with hotmail, the only folder you have at first is inbox. Then if you delete an email it adds the trash folder. And if you send, the send folder. There's no way for me to see any other of my folders that I have in hotmail. So, I think this may happen for you as well. Try deleting and sending and see if the folders come back. I think the update may have deleted them somehow.

6. woolymammoth macrumors newbie

thank you! that was it.
    =]

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Wow, one is calling and asking his cellphone provider why his yahoo email is not working. They tell him to exchange it with apple :D
    And the other one is trying to see folders that are empty and obviously wont show up :D
    lol

8. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Yeah, my email accounts quit working just before I updated to FW 3.0.1. It seemed like email wasn't getting to my iPhone for about three hours at least. Updated to FW 3.0.1 and everything was fine..:confused: