HELP!!!!! URGENT!! ProTools 7.3.1 and garageband not working on OSX 10.5

Discussion in 'macOS' started by TATICO, Feb 24, 2009.

1. TATICO macrumors newbie

Help!!!!!!!!!
    First of all i'm not from U.S, so I'm sorry for my horrible english.

I've been working on my uncle's home studio for a couple of days, and i decided to install as a gift, some plug-ins from the pro tools ignition pack 2.
    When I was up to use Protools it simply didn't open. It loads the start screen, when it charges plug-ins and all that stuff, and then appears a message saying that the application closed unexpectedly.
    Later I discovered that garageband had the same problem.
    I have done a clean uninstall of protools, and sadly erased the plug-ins i'd installed for my uncle.
    I believe I've done anything I know (tried to update OSX too), but this simply won't work... and my uncle arrives today, I don't know what am I going to do.
    Please if someone knows something usefull, please please help me!
    Thanks a lot.

By the way, these are the equipments that he use on his studio:

Mac OSX 10.5
    ProTools 7.3.1
    Mbox 1

2. Ploki macrumors 68000

3. tersono macrumors 68000

tersono

Did you delete the Protools preferences before you re-installed? Often in these kind of instances (whatever the application) the problem is caused by a corrupt prefs file, which will be either in /library preferences or ~/library/preferences. If you're going to re-install again, it's worth deleting (or at least backing up and moving) any support files in /Library/Application Support (and the same folder in your user Library too).

4. TATICO thread starter macrumors newbie

thaks tersono!
    i'll try it.
    do you know if i have to pay for the upgrade to 7.4?
    i've heard that 7.4 also has compatibility problems with leopard...