Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jtsimler3

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 24, 2004
Austin, TX
Has anyone else had this problem?: After clicking Mac Help on the top toolbar, the Help Viewer appears for about a quarter of a second and disappears. It won't let me open it. It's only been doing this the last couple of days.

Anyone?

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
jtsimler3 said:
Has anyone else had this problem?: After clicking Mac Help on the top toolbar, the Help Viewer appears for about a quarter of a second and disappears. It won't let me open it. It's only been doing this the last couple of days.

Anyone?

I've been having a lot of trouble recently, but more of the takes-two-minutes-to-execute-a-search variety. But try this -- definitely worth a bookmark:

http://www.thexlab.com/faqs/helpviewer.html

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Glad it worked! :) I've found that, whatever corrupts the help viewer prefs files or cache, I'm having the problem more and more frequently. Guess it means that one of my programs that I run help on is a bad, bad, bad :rolleyes: Although, I mostly use help viewer for the MacOSX help. Hmmm... :eek:

But my issues mostly seemed to be solved by deleting the three prefs files and the one cache file, a trick I learned very recently right here on MacRumors. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.