*Help* Want To Buy AT&T iPhone 5.....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rnbgrilla, Oct 14, 2012.

1. rnbgrilla macrumors member

So I went to my local AT&T store wanting to buy an iPhone 5 off contract because my two year contract is almost up and I don't want to stay with them any longer, anyways they don't have any inn, so my best bet would to try at the apple store. First thing in the morning.
    But my question is how do I go about getting a AT&T off contract iPhone ?!?

Like what do I say, so if anyone could help me out.

Mahalo

2. AFDoc macrumors 68030

Wow.... Ok.

Step one: Go to Apple store
    Step two: Ask for non contract iPhone 5
    Do I really need to continue with the steps?

3. rnbgrilla thread starter macrumors member

Yeah I'm that lame thanks for the help,
    So I just walk in & say hi can I buy a AT&T iPhone 5 non contract?, & they just going sell it to me.... Well that's simple

I just thought could not since they not selling the unlock ones or they might ask for my AT&T info?

4. AFDoc macrumors 68030

LoL.... I thought they had started selling non contract phones. If not I guess the jokes on me. I have one selling on the bay right now for $1125, I'll sell you my white one for $900 lol. Even if they ask your info you can tell them you don't want an upgrade but want the non commitment price. IF that ones locked go to unlock fusion on ebay and pay $7 to have it done. I've done all my iPhones with awesome results.

Good luck.

5. ANMA dojo macrumors regular

technically that's true, but you gotta keep in mind that in-store stock is virtually non-existent since launch, so your advice is not practical at all.

----------

good luck finding one in stock in-store, but should you find one.... full priced, device only, non-commitment AT&T units = factory unlocked (altho Apple employees will adamantly deny it)

6. rnbgrilla thread starter macrumors member

thanks guys for all the info,
    i got lucky went to my local apple store & got a black iphone 5 at&t 32GB but i really wanted a white so im going to return it in a few days & try & see if theres a white one. for now im just test running this iphone so far i love it.
    but ill love the white even more.

7. AHDuke99 macrumors 68020

AHDuke99

Must be nice. My local store hasn't had that model in over a week.

8. rnbgrilla thread starter macrumors member

Ouch, Hawaii apple store has most of the models daily but only a few. If u want it, u have to be there when they open in the AM.

9. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

If you have a Sam's Club in Hawaii, I would try there. I finally got my hands on one today.