HELP! wet phone 4! Might have some life in it yet?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by soco7, Apr 5, 2011.

1. soco7 macrumors newbie

So, at lunch my mother spilled water on my beloved iPhone 4 :eek:

After putting it in DampRid for 48 hours, my curiousity got the best of me and I tried to check on my it, praying it came back to life!

When it is plugged into the wall, it shows "Connect to Itunes" , but when it is plugged into my laptop, the phone turns on and off continuously just showing the Apple logo :confused: ???
    When the apple logo appears, I can see just a bit of water under the screen.

Please help!

2. hcho3 macrumors 68030

Get ready to pay 200 dollars for a replacement.

Should not even have to worry about contacts, music or any information on there because you can just sync it to your itunes to retrieve everything.

If 48 hours has passed, then there is nothing much left to say.

3. Loves2spoon macrumors 65816

Loves2spoon

put it in a bag of rice and silica packets and leave it alone. let it dry for a week or so... make a genius appt. complain about bad 3g connection and get a replacement. =)

4. mikelegacy macrumors 65816

mikelegacy

Have you ever heard of a wet trigger sticker? iPhones have them. They'd know the second they opened the phone that it was wet. They aren't stupid. You don't just walk into an apple store and say, hey my connection sucks, I need a new phone, and they hand you one. They wouldn't make a dime if that were the case.