Help!!! Why is the Color on my Macbook Pro Monitor COMPLETELY Different from Imac???

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by VideoNewbie, Oct 20, 2010.

1. VideoNewbie macrumors 6502

this is a huge issue for me because i do alot of photoshop work...

i was laboring over an image in photoshop on my macbook pro for hours.... thought i had perfected the color.

but when i went to view the same image on my brother's imac screen the color was COMPLETELY different.

why is this?

also even when i print an image from the imac, that image is a completely different color as well.

is the printer the most accurate?

why doesnt Apple just have a universal color system for all their computers i dont understand why one image on one apple system is different on another.

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Maybe the Macs are using different colour profiles?

And the Macs also use different panels and the modern iMacs use an IPS panel.

Different settings and different hardware will result in a different outcome.

3. Dyne macrumors member

They're also two completely different types of displays. That would probably play a bit part as well.

4. toxic macrumors 68000

if you want perfect and consistent color, you need to calibrate your displays.

the IPS display in iMacs also have a slightly larger color gamut, which may increase the richness of certain hues.