Help with 2 questions about Macbook Pro G5 battery life & Hotmail settings in Mail

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by rumfitt, Feb 24, 2008.

1. rumfitt macrumors newbie

Hi

Can anyone advise me on these 2 questions abou t my Macbook Pro G5 with Leopard?

1. I have not set my battery to put the computer to sleep yet, as I seem to be downloading a lot. However, I was really shocked while surfing for around an hour that the battery ran out from a full charge!

Is this length of time typical for the Macbook Pro G5 battery or have I got a doggy battery which I need to take up with Apple Care?

2. I have a longstanding Hotmail account which I would like to set up in Mail but I don't know what the Incoming and Outgoing service set up details are.

Can anyone advise what they are if this is possible to set up?

Much appreciated!

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

1) The Battery life seems a bit fishy. The best battery life would be yielded with the processor in reduced mode, the brightness down to one square (just above off), and the hard drive set to sleep when not in use. Try that, then see what your battery life is like, if it is less than 3 hours, I'd call AppleCare.

2) As for Hotmail, it is not supported out-of-the-box. Go a Google Search for httpMail for Apple Mail or Hotmail Support for Apple Mail, that should yield you the plugin to let you use Hotmail with Apple Mail.

TEG