Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dopeyman

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 5, 2005
Los Angeles!
I need help!!!

Since I was going to upgrade from Sierra to Mojave, I decided mess around with the Find my Mac feature via my iphone. It was located. I did the erase my Mac for the heck of it. I was gonna do a fresh install anyways. So I assumed it was only gonna delete my main drive. Nope. It deleted my other SSD drive as well which contained my backup!!! :(:(

I need to recover it. First of all, can it be done? Second, what software do I need??

Please help!!!!

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
I will -guess- that if you deleted the contents of an SSD, it's going to be all-but-impossible to get that data back.

Not like with a platter-base drive.

(cough, choke) ... this is what backups are supposed to be for... :(

BLUEDOG314

macrumors 6502
Dec 12, 2015
If your drives weren't encrypted, there may be an outside chance you find a program that can scan the whole drive and maybe get something back, but it is doubtful at this point. I've heard disk drill works well but again, not sure if it can do anything for a SSD.

Also, not to be that guy, but backing up your main drive to another internal drive is the worst idea and kind of defeats the purpose of making a backup.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.