Help with AppStore and apple id!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Dance.mum2, Dec 24, 2011.

1. Dance.mum2 macrumors newbie

My daughter recently got the new iPhone 4s and up until now she has been using her friends apple id. After making her own we changed all the settings to match the new id and we changed the account on the AppStore but recently she tried to update her apps and the old id kept coming up. After researching we found that the only option was to delete the apps and reinstall them under her id but unfortunately she has things saved in those apps. So my question is: is there any way to keep the apps and update them with her new id? And after you delete the apps and reinstall them is there any way to keep the progress on games?
    Any help is appreciated

2. baller1308 macrumors 6502a

The apps are not under her Apple ID, so you won't be able to update them. You should be able to backup the apps to your computer, delete the apps, repurchase them under her Apple ID and resync. I would think this would load all the saved data, but I'm not entirely sure.

You can't update something you don't have, which essentially is the case since the Apple ID isn't connected to the apps, her friends is.

3. DroidRules macrumors 65816

Sounds to me like she is screwed when it comes to keeping her saved data. Restore and re-down load the apps under her own account. IF there is another way I don't know about it.

Why was she using a friends ID?

Also, why do brits (or other countries that do) say Mum...... always wondered. I know WHY they say it but why mum and not mom?