Help With calibrating (huey pro) my MBP display...and Dell 2311h

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by chrispholt, Sep 15, 2010.

1. chrispholt macrumors regular

Cheddar, UK. Yes where the cheese comes from..
    Hi, I have just bought a huey pro to calibrate my macbook pro (2010) screen and my second monitor.

However I am having problems with both of them. The problem is with the start when it asks you if the contrast and brightness is ok.

Which it is not, as I cannot see all of the rings. I can change this on Dell (to an extent) But how should I do this on the MBP screen.

I would like to get the two monitors looking the same and accurate if possible.

So if anyone has tried or actually done this it would be helpful if you can share.

Thanks

2. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

Dont' forget, the Dell's IPS screen will give it much better color reproduction than the MBP internal, so even if you calibrate the displays to neutral, the dell will probably still win out.
    Anyway I havn't used the huey pro. I use the spyder. But the spyder asks the user if they are calibrating a laptop moniter with only one "setting" which is brightness. It then takes over from there. As far as contrast goes, I never really thought about changing it, but apparently these keyboard shortcuts work.

3. chrispholt thread starter macrumors regular

Ahh thanks but that's just the same as going into universal access...

4. chrispholt thread starter macrumors regular