Help with iOS 11 DB2 bricking

Discussion in 'iOS 11' started by AppleFan91, Jul 5, 2017.

1. AppleFan91 macrumors 65816

AppleFan91

Hey guys, I need some help if possible. I have an iPhone 7 Plus that was running iOS 11 DB2. I wanted to roll back to 10.3.2 and placed my iPhone in DFU mode. ITunes downloads iOS and it goes through the entire install on the comouter, even saying it is complete. However, my iPhone will restart and then go right back to the ITunes logo. I thought it may have been my MBP being on the PB of High Sierra so I tried a Windows computer, same issue. Any suggestions maybe? Would downloading the 11 DB2 ISPU help maybe? The phone is under warranty so I guess a trip to the Apple store may be in order

2. crawfish963 macrumors 6502

crawfish963

You must downgrade to 10.3.3, then to 10.3.2. The IPSW files can be found by searching this forum. I did this exact thing myself so I can vouch that it works.

3. AppleFan91 thread starter macrumors 65816

AppleFan91

Oh wow, so I have to install the 10.3.3. ISPU and then I can use ITunes to get to 10.3.2? Or download and install the ISPU for both? Thanks so much for your Help!

4. jhall8 macrumors regular

jhall8

Here is the official Apple page about downgrading: https://beta.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/restore#ios

5. AppleFan91 thread starter macrumors 65816

AppleFan91

Wow, fail on my part. Thanks guys. I've been running betas since iOS 5, I figured I had it down by now haha. Thanks again!

6. StarShot macrumors 6502

StarShot

My advice is to NOT try these beta products. A while back I BRICKED my one of my earlier phones (I think the IP6) trying a beta. The only way I could restore it was a trip to the Genius Bar. I seem to remember bricking one of the beta OS-X versions as well.

Fun to see the NEW stuff before the general versions come out, but it's kinda like shooting craps IMNO. NEVER AGAIN.