iPad mini Help with IPAD MINI A1432 yellow tape on glass repair

Discussion in 'iPad' started by dovedescent7, Feb 19, 2015.

1. dovedescent7 macrumors newbie

Can someone tell me what to do with this yellow tape on these connectors?

i ordered 3 of these glass replacements (the top one) they all have yellow tape on the connectors, not sure what i am supposed to do

whats its purpose????? so confused

[​IMG]

2. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

The yellow tape appears to be kaptan tape.
    You see it used often in electronics. It's useful in a wide range of temperatures, and also is an electrical insulator.
    So, it's simply used to hold a variety of items, usually ribbon cables, or sometimes interior covers.
    Works good.
    You can leave it in place.
    If you are asking about transferring from a broken piece to the replacement display - then, yes, you can do that. It may be a good idea to try to keep the same position, covering the same area after your transfer that tape.
    I have extra tape on hand, and usually cut a new piece to fit in place.

3. dovedescent7 thread starter macrumors newbie

this yellow tape is holding things in place. and as you can see, the NEW glass, at the top with the tape, the connectors are in different positions vs the old or used glass where there is no tape...

there is a reason one has it and one doesn't.

Im feeling strongly that it must be removed... can someone please confirm this, someone who in fact has done this particular procedure?

4. dovedescent7 thread starter macrumors newbie

and what is the name of the black tar-like glue under the glass that comes already inside of the ipad?

is there something similar that i could buy at like a home depot?