Help with iPhone + Exchange + Contacts problem?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by x2exu50x, Aug 15, 2013.

1. x2exu50x, Aug 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2013

x2exu50x macrumors newbie

Okay I'm literally going insane right now. Which ****ing moron thought it would be a good idea to **** over someone SO hard simply by deleting an exchange account? WTF?????!!!!!!!!!!?????

Now that that's over, here's what i did and what i need help with. I deleted my Exchange account and lost 99% of my contacts. I never ever EVER use exchange. I don't even know WTF exchange is. So who decided i want exchange to save my lifes contacts? NOT ME! Anyway, by simply logging back into the account i should restore my contacts right? Because it isn't working.

And i have a back-up in itunes from 2 months ago that I'm trying to use but conveniently "Itunes could not restore back-up because not enough room on iphone". No matter how much room i clear up it says there isn't enough room. I managed to clear up 10gb of storage and it still doesn't let me restore back-up.

Can someone please help me because my knuckles are starting to hurt from punching the walls every 20 minutes. What should i do to get my contacts back through Exchange? How is this supposed to work as far as logging in and restoring the contacts that are deleted? Last case scenario if that doesn't work help me do the restore which i really wish i wouldnt have to do.

2. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

Since you have iTunes, try this, first reboot your iPhone so it reads how much space is open. With my MBA, unless I don't do a complete shut down or restart it won't read the current storage of file's I've deleted, then:

1.Open iTunes on your computer.

2.Plug in your iPhone to your computer just as you would to sync it normally.

3.Locate the iPhone in the "Devices" column at the left of the iTunes application window.

4.Right-click (Ctrl + click for Mac) on the iPhone icon in the "Devices" column and select "Restore From Backup." Select one of the backup versions from the drop-down menu and click the "Restore" button. This will restore any contacts that you have lost since your last sync in iTunes.

5.Eject your iPhone and go to your contact list on it. Any lost contact or contacts should be restored to your list.

3. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Whoever did (or did not) set the default account for contacts on your device.

If you don't know what Exchange is then how do you know that you had an Exchange account and how did it get added to your device (and then subsequently removed)?

Adding the account will sync them.

Do you have access to the Exchange account via Outlook? If so, you could export the contacts and then import them into the account you're using.

4. BrianBaughn macrumors 603

BrianBaughn

The OP needs to provide more details as to what type of email, contacts and calendar accounts are involved. Otherwise we're just guessing.