Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yogi477

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 8, 2002
England
Sorry if I put this in the wrong area but I am so despirate when I plug in my Ipod after the new software update all it says is "OK to DIsconnect" when I plug it in. Why is this? Can anyone help? PLEASE!!!

bombensington

macrumors regular
Aug 24, 2002
Mine does it whenever I plug it in, right away, but that's before it is recognized. When it is recognized, it then comes up with the 'do not disconnect' warning. Does that help at all?

mmmdreg

macrumors 65816
Apr 14, 2002
Sydney, Australia
Okay..I just got my 20gig iPod and its great and all but if you plug it in and it updates all the songs and all, it says it is okay to disconnect but I want to let it charge..can it be plugged in and play at the same time?

teabgs

macrumors 68030
Jan 18, 2002
behind you
Originally posted by mmmdreg
Okay..I just got my 20gig iPod and its great and all but if you plug it in and it updates all the songs and all, it says it is okay to disconnect but I want to let it charge..can it be plugged in and play at the same time?

I believe so, but it'll charge faster if its off. Why dont you just plug it into the wall to get it fully charged, and from then on use the computer...?

Rajj

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2002
32° 44' N 117° 10' W
Originally posted by mmmdreg

Yes it can, I do it all the time in my car.:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.