Help with Mid '09 13" Won't read from hard drive (works fine in external)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mgartner0622, Jul 12, 2012.

1. mgartner0622 macrumors 65816

mgartner0622

I thought I'd ask for some help for this issue that's been puzzling me for a few days. I have a friend's 13" Mid-2009 2.26GHz MacBook Pro he asked me to take a look it. It was loading very slowly and the hard drive was making clicking noises.
    The first thing I told him was to buy a new hard drive and backup his data, which he did. The issue now is, even after installing a new hard drive, and reinstalling Mac OS X Lion on it, the loading slow issue still persists, basically 10+ minutes to boot. The hard drive works normally (30 second boot) in a USB SATA enclosure however.
    I've tried cleaning the unit with compressed air to no avail. It also has a clean install of OS X with 8GB of RAM.
    Any ideas?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Did you use Disk Utility to verify/repair the disk? You may also want to take it to Apple and let them run some hardware tests, to see if the problem may lie elsewhere.

3. mgartner0622 thread starter macrumors 65816

mgartner0622

Yes, the disc checks out with disc utility. I ran Apple hardware test and I can't get the computer to start up. It loans the main diagnostics then quits