iPhone X Help with music that didn’t move to XS Max from iCloud restore.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by smile1fish, Sep 23, 2018.

1. smile1fish macrumors member

smile1fish

I did a iCloud restore to my new IPhone XS Max on Friday, coming from the iPhone X. It looks like everything is pretty much the same. However, I just noticed my non purchased music (albums loaded to iTunes from cd’s) has not moved over. Is there something special I need to do, or will it take more time? It moved over last year. Thank you!

2. ericwn macrumors 68020

Are you sure it moved over from the cloud last time? If I remember correctly iTunes music that wasn’t purchased wasn’t backed up to iCloud because it was readily available on your computer.

Fingers crossed! Best success!

3. Steve28 macrumors regular

You sure you didn't do an iTunes backup/restore last year? iCloud doesn't backup your music. The only exception is if you use iTunes Match - in which case, anything you had locally that Apple also has in their cloud would be allowed to be downloaded.

4. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

Personal music is not backed up via the cloud. You have to restore it manually.

5. smile1fish thread starter macrumors member

smile1fish

Thank you!
    I guess it didn’t move over from iCloud. I’m going to make myself a note for next year. Thank you!
    --- Post Merged, Sep 23, 2018 ---
    Thanks for the info! I’m pretty sure I did iCloud, but I must have connected to iTunes afterwards. I just didn’t remember, lol. I’ll connect when I get home.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 23, 2018 ---
    Thank you so much!!!

6. SimonCowell123456 macrumors newbie

Generally speaking, you can backup iPhone music to iCloud manually or automatically depending on your preferences and requirements. To reach it manually, you only need to follow the below simple steps:

Step 1. Be sure your iPhone have connected to a nice Wi-Fi network, and then go to "Settings" > "iCloud" on your iPhone.
    Step 2. Choose "Storage and Backup" under the iCloud option and the process is completed.
    Here, you need to give it some time for all the files to be sent to iCloud.

7. ericwn macrumors 68020

iCloud doesn’t back up music that iTunes put on the device from the computer’s hard drive. Three people in this discussion have mentioned this already.

8. burgman macrumors 68000

burgman

Whenever I have done a ICloud restore and I have ICloud music turned on, all my music shows up but not all downloads automatically.