Help with non responsive JB iPhone (warning - civilian tread starter)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Brokenstuff, Jan 7, 2012.

1. Brokenstuff macrumors member

Hello

I have a slight problem (to put it mildly) please see this thread -

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=14122600&posted=1#post14122600

Have now sorted out the PC side of things (I think although still can't find which other software I installed :rolleyes: )

So now I'm hoping someone equally lovely person can assist me with the iPhone side of things?

For a recap - its an iPhone 3G 16g purchesed 2nd hand for my daughter. It came jail broken - which I decided last night that I didn't need and tried a restore.

Phone froze - que issues with PC and installing software re the above thread.... and now I'm stuck!

As I said - I'm a complete novice who should never attempt anything technical (I work with kids and grow vegetables :rolleyes: ) so any help really really appreciated!

Thanks in advance for anyone who has some time to spare this morning....

2. zodiaque macrumors member

try putting it in dfu mode to restore. you do this you have to connect the iphone to the computer,open up itunes then press both the power and home button for 10 seconds,after that you release the powerbutton and keep holding the homebutton for another 10 seconds this should kick you in dfu mode n ow you can restore the phone trough itunes.

post back with the results

regards.

3. Brokenstuff thread starter macrumors member

Ok tried this - error occurred

'this iPhone could not be restored - an unknown error occurred (1015) ??????

4. DroidRules macrumors 65816

Take it to the apple store and let them do it for you, problem solved.

In other words do it on a mac. Good luck.

5. Brokenstuff thread starter macrumors member

Thanks - having one last try.

We only have an iStore where I am (which I thought was an apple store but apparently not - just a reseller) A trip up the M1 to Milton Keynes which is the nearest might be my only option!