Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ONIKAMARAJ

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 18, 2014
What is "Other" in iTunes. Can anyone help me with it? Because last night it was taking up 1.37 GBs but this morning I woke up and all of a sudden it's taking up 4.40 GBs! I even used this app called "Phone Clean" on my computer to delete messages, phone calls, etc. And I only have 10 apps, no videos, no notes, and I don't use email, iCloud or anything. Please help.

ONIKAMARAJ

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 18, 2014

RCC1028

macrumors member
Nov 5, 2012
What is "Other" in iTunes. Can anyone help me with it? Because last night it was taking up 1.37 GBs but this morning I woke up and all of a sudden it's taking up 4.40 GBs! I even used this app called "Phone Clean" on my computer to delete messages, phone calls, etc. And I only have 10 apps, no videos, no notes, and I don't use email, iCloud or anything. Please help.

The increased other is likely from the update you are not doing. If an update is showing in your settings it takes up a lot of *other* space. If you do the update it will go down to what you had.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.