Help with pics

Dominicanyor

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 1, 2012
Florida
I have synce my with my laptop to get the pics that I needed and now I have 415 photo library and 415 photo stream all the same pics. How can I get rid off photo library and keep photo stream. I tried deleting it from my phone but it will not work.

Any help?

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
While you can erase each photo one by one on the phone, that's a huge pain in the rear.

I prefer to use my computer. If you have a Mac, load the program called "Image Capture" while the phone is plugged in and erase the photos from there.

I'm not sure about Windows, but I think you can erase them in the same place you import them, if you treat the iPhone like it's a digital camera.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
Unless I am mistaken, photo stream isn't a "forever" type of thing. I think I remember pics staying for 90 days (but don't quote me in that number). I point this out because it sounds like you are expecting to be able to just use photo steam as your photo storage solution permanently, which is not the case.

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
Unless I am mistaken, photo stream isn't a "forever" type of thing. I think I remember pics staying for 90 days (but don't quote me in that number). I point this out because it sounds like you are expecting to be able to just use photo steam as your photo storage solution permanently, which is not the case.
the photostream i have on my computer i think currently has all the pics saved in it since i got my phone. the 90 day thing is only what it will restore to the phone if the phone is restored back to stock. it will back up all pics to photostream, but like i said, will only restore the previous 90 days of pics to the phone.