Help with RINGTONES

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by andyjohn, May 4, 2013.

1. andyjohn macrumors newbie

How do I select a song from library as a ringtone on iPhone 4s? I downloaded a song from a ringtone provider in itunes (downloaded from phone). The song is on the phone, in music library but I cannot select it as a ringtone :( If I go to settings - sounds - ringtones I can only select from the generic tones loaded into the phone. I know this should be a simple exercise but cannot find a way to load a song as a ringtone. Can anyone assist? Cheers.......

2. marmac macrumors newbie

3. neutrino23 macrumors 68000

Sorry, I don't have time to list the steps here now. Google this and you'll get the answer quickly. Basically you duplicate the sing, edit it down to the part you like, Change the extension and load it to the phone with iTunes.

4. pilot1226 macrumors 6502a

pilot1226

If you have a Windows computer, I use Audacity on my desktop to cut the clips I need down to 30 seconds. Audacity is free.

5. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

Unless I misunderstood, the OP is having a problem getting a downloaded ringtone (downloaded from a ringtone provider via iPhone) to show up as a usable ringtone. The problem isn't with creating his own clipped ringtone.

6. Troneas macrumors 65816

Troneas

If its in his music library its in mp3 format he'll have to fix that anyway.